Monday 28 January 2013

My Classroom Nightmare by Lewis Farthing


I stumbled around as I got up from my chair. The classroom was empty. Where had everyone gone. My head felt fuzzy. I was in the middle of a lesson. Suddenly the door burst open.

"Clear!" a voice shouted.

The door shut as he left. I looked around. The room wasn't clear because I was in it. What was going on, I wondered. I could hear the alarm bell ringing and the sound of sirens coming from outside. I went to the window to look.

"My god, what's going on!" I screamed in horror.

The school was surrounded. Police, Firemen and what looked like aliens. I saw a van and realised they were from the Special Science Unit. The SSU!  I looked around the room trying to workout what was happening. I had been doing a science experiment with my class, that's the last thing I remember. The desks were a mess. Test tubes and chemicals all over the place. I looked at the board and started to remember the lesson I had been doing. Brainpower Potions was written in capital letters across the board. My head went fuzzy again and I fell to the floor.

I opened my eyes. Mrs Overton was standing over me. "Don't worry, Lewis. Everything will be just fine. Mrs Foster has the antidote ready for you at sick bay and we'll explain everything."

I had been teaching potions to the Year 6 class that I was covering for and that I would later find out were smarter than me. I had mixed up a few ingredients to make Brainpower potion and had accidentally caused my class to make Invisibility potion instead. They knew what I had done but I didnt. As you can imagine my class used it as a practical joke on me and then phoned all the emergency services so everyone could see, or not, what they had achieved. As you can imagine my class all got an A grade and I have given up teaching.

I now work as a storyteller.

 BY LEWIS FARTHING

No comments:

Post a Comment